Link 1
encyclopedia of dentistry and dental terms


Dental Glossary

All | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | Other

Term or expression


This term is used to describe things associated with or toward the cheek area inside the mouth. For example, the soft inside tissue of the cheeks is called the buccal mucosa and the surface of back teeth next to the cheeks is called the buccal surface of those teeth. The term is derived from buccinator, which is the name of the cheek muscle.

This site is intended for your general information only. Is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment.
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use.
Page created in 0.213535070419 seconds.